Thursday, December 5, 2013

Going Down New, Old Paths



I'm sure if you are past the age of 20...ok maybe 25, you realize that even the best laid plans are never set in stone. The best you can do is take aim and throw the dart at the dartboard and hope it lands close to where you wanted. Sometimes you wake up thinking you are on one path and then you refocus only to find yourself somewhere completely different. That's where I seem to find myself now. I can't fully go into detail on here about all of the amazing good fortune the universe has sent me and all of the path shifting and butterfly effecting that I have just crammed into two months but let me assure you it was epic. Catching the Golden Snitch epic if you know what I mean :). In short: I am going back to my old job.

I should really say old place of employment because my job will be different from when I left but I will be back in the same building, with my Emma. I will be back to a short commute, the opportunity to telework on occasion, and all of the other amazing things I miss from my last job. I literally cried when I left my old building because I really did love it there and now after a two month separation I'm going back. Not only have I just received an amazing opportunity to advance my career, but I also have the added bonus of going back to my cushy driving commute and my afternoons with Emma. No more massive hand sanitation after exiting a germ infested subway. No more walking blocks in the freezing cold rain. No more worrying about train delays. It's just me, my car, my kid, and the open road.

I am very excited for the work I will be doing and I will still do my best to keep up with my weekly blog posts. The job will probably require longer hours but the flip side to that is my husband will get to cut back his work hours so in the long run we will be spending more time together as a family. This also means some other big changes are coming for our little family as well. We will be looking to finally move out of our neighborhood and purchase our first house! We couldn't be more thrilled to move forward with our lives and enjoy the many new experiences to come.

I wanted to take a moment and say that this did not happen over night, it came with years of hard work, long hours, bad commutes, literal blood, sweat, and tears. Someday I hope to be able to recount for you the hard work that went into finally getting my career to where I feel it deserves to be, but for now just know that this is the moment, the moment that has changed my career and our lives and I am holding onto the amazingness of it for as long as I can. I am so grateful for all of the support and love I have received throughout the years. It has meant the world to me and my family. I really hope you (my future children and readers) are inspired! You can achieve amazing things with hard work and patience.

1 comment:

  1. Girly you are speaking strait to my heart. Everything takes so much patience (my weakness). I am so excited to hear that you are going back to your old building and that ya'll are getting to purchase your first home!! I am being patient and awaiting my turn! lol I hope everyone is doing wonderful and you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!