Friday, July 24, 2015

What Was Going to be a Prologue

I thought I would prelude this post with a few quick updates, mainly, we got a computer! It is used/ two years old but I am super thrilled to finally be able to post pictures again and hopefully post more often! Blogging on a phone is really difficult and small, everything it so freakin small. Also, I have been doing some other various projecty type things. I am attempting to learn how to sew. My first attempt was not a complete failure but I learned my lesson and will not be “eye balling” patterns going forward. I made Emma a planets dress (pictured below because yeah bad ass computer haver here).




I started working from home two days a week which is awesome however… I was sitting at home one day and  the walls of my abode started attacking my peripheral, and all of a sudden, I had a freak out because the house is a cluttered mess and literally the walls were closing in and I couldn’t take it anymore!  So later that day, I halted everything and in mid-dinner prep, I decided all of the pictures on the walls needed to come down and new art work needed to go up. I painted these all in like an hour and a half because my hands just needed to move and create.



I’m somewhat pleased with them although I am sad my white paint ran out so I might do some touch ups later after a trip to the craft store. I am close to pulling the trigger on bright colorful pillows for the couches. I am also
on the hunt for a bench to replace the huge comfy chair that I love so but never gets used. We keep it covered so the dogs don’t get on it and ruin it (in fact if you have ever noticed chairs on top of furniture in my pictures in the past it is to save everything from the dogs.) So basically we have had this huge lump just sitting in our living room for over a year and it takes up so much space and we basically use it to throw junk on so it’s a huge junk lump and I finally snapped and it HAS TO GO. Other various organizational projects will happen in time around the rest of the house but I’m hoping this new organizational energy is being gifted to me from the universe as a sign that we will be moving soon. As in my urgent need to declutter will perfectly sync up with finding a new house. By soon I mean within the next 6 months to a year. The clock is ticking and we really only have t-minus two years until Emma is ready for kindergarten aka: we need to be in a better school district by then. Once again, I have been lazily clinging onto our house for the convince of the location only. There is no way we can move anywhere nearby as everything is way to pricey around these parts.

Once we move it will be crappy commuting for all and I’m really REALLY trying to avoid that. I am planning on writing a farewell to our neighborhood once we leave or possibly a post on the advantages of living in the neighborhood we do but that’s for another day. Anywho this prologue seems to have turned into a post in and of itself as I describe in detail my homebound psychotic meltdown and subsequent ramblings on about the geography of where I live (my cartography skills are amazing I know.)

We are getting ready to depart for a week to the beach and while I’m hoping to write, I am also hoping to rest, to not stare at any computer screens, and to eat lots of boardwalk food. Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!