Friday, January 25, 2013

A Surprise in My Inbox (A Rant from a Vacation Deprived Mommy)


Ok, I understand the whole point of being on a mailing list but geez!!  Sandals PLEASE take me OFF your email list!!! No I do not want to return for a fun trip, I would sleep right through the whole thing. Sorry can’t wear a bathing suit right now, or at least one that resembles anything you have in your perfectly polished resort pictures.

Yes I would love a nice spiked tropical drink and a hot stone massage but unless you are going to provide free daycare for four months so I can save up to take your “adventure of a lifetime” then I’m sorry, the picture on my cubical wall of a lone palm tree swaying in the pretend breeze on a white sand beach will have to do for now. I can ask my cube row mate Betty to blow her fan in my direction and have Bob throw a glass of water on me while he walks by to simulate the sea breeze, perhaps have the maintenance guys lower the florescent light above me to get that “glowing skin” effect but that is the closest I will be getting to your tropical island retreat.

Did you not get the memo that I gave birth mere months after my first and only hurrah on your beautiful island resort? Well yeah it happened so now I have been doomed to the island of smeared yams and poop until we can save up enough to make it to Disneyland in 5-7 years.

All in all, I have not given up on you, in fact I believe somewhere in the back of my mommy mush brain I hold hope to one day visit you again, but for now I bid you adieu. Well I would bid you adieu if I ever get up the motivation to take myself off the mailing list, yet somehow I got the motivation to type a four paragraph rant. Funny how that happens.  



This is a picture from our honeymoon in Jamaica. I will always cherish the memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!