Thursday, July 18, 2013

Beach or Bust







It is finally here friends! My first real vacation since March of 2012 (our “babymoon”)! I am beyond excited and the mind numbing slowness of this week is proof that I am beyond ready to get out of town! We will be going to the Delaware shore, a 2.5 hour drive. We are going with my mom and my brother. This adds an element of excitement and the unknown as I have not vacationed with my mother since I was a teen (and it did not go well). I am hoping my mom and I will find our own harmonious existence on this trip. Either way, the excitement comes with a built in babysitter! Skiddlie Doo! My husband and I will get to enjoy at least one date night and possibly some afternoon freedom one day! A very rare treat indeed.  

All of this is not to overshadow the most exciting part of the week, it is the first full week I have been able to spend with Emma /we have spent together as a family since right after she was born. I am thrilled we get to create a lot of memories together on this trip! Playing in the sand, eating ice cream and pizza, possibly riding bikes together, the forecast for an awesome time looks good. However, I am not a fool. I know we are also in for some melt downs and some grumpy toddler times, but that is to be expected, more opportunities for me to work on my patience. 

Anyways, I just wanted to throw up this little blurb before we went seeing as how there is a good possibility we won’t have wi-fi and I might be in a vacation coma so my posts could be few to non-existent next week, but I look forward to documenting our fun times on Instagram (link on the right of the blog) and I look forward to sharing all of our adventures with you when we return. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!