Monday, March 3, 2014

Laundry

There it sits, my fickle foe, staring at me from the basket below
It starts out small, quite tame and mellow
Then has the nerve to grow and overflow
Out of control colors and darks, whites, lights, delicates, and the like
By looking at me you could not tell that so much of my woes belonged to this foe
So much of my physical aches and pains, so much of my emotional turmoil flairs up
At the sight or even mention of its name
My soul is but an extension of the cold white plastic basket
The completion of which holds the success of my motherhood in its balance
A lost pair, a forgotten shirt?
Oh you cyclical ball and chain you hurt!
You hurt the fiber of my very being and yet your fibers depend on me so
I am ever faithful and loyal to your needs and somehow I find myself succeeding
In your completion oh can it be true
The mounds have faded away the time it, flew
When I think I’m in the clear, I breathe a sigh of relief
Then my glance moves sideways, just to take a quick peak
And marvel over my glorious feats
But there it is, staring right back at me, not gone just diminished temporarily
And still it waits mocking, longing, suffocating my existence for another day
Laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!