Friday, August 16, 2013

What Emma's Been Up To


 
Sometimes I get so caught up in the drama of my own existence that I forget the first and foremost reason for this blog is to share and document all the lovely little things my toddler is doing. What milestones has she hit? What new words does she say? What are the little quirks that make Emma….Emma. So, I complied a little list for you to catch up on all things Emma and this way I can at least tell her what she was up to at 14 months old:

New Words: Her latest verbal splendor is the word Hippo (pronounce in Emma speak as Ap-po). I think it is freaking adorable and also kind of funny that the only two animal names she can say
are doggie and hippo (and duck if you count cak cak – read quack quack as a sutable way to identify an animal. I suppose in the world of toddlerhood is it acceptable.)

Her Tantrums: We seem to be in a temporary tantrum lull for the time being. She still makes eh eh eh sounds repeatedly (yes like the sand people from Star Wars) when she is frustrated or wants you to do something but it hasn’t been super intense as of late.
 
 
 
Her Desire to be a Big Girl: She is constantly trying to do things that are a little bit beyond her physical capabilities such as walking the dogs or walking down stairs, but her determination and positive attitude is amazing to see. I hope she never loses those qualities.
 
 
 

 

Swings: She loves the swings at the park and would contently swing for hours if only her mom’s arm had the stamina to keep up.
 
 


Food: We’ve probably hit all of the major food milestones for now. Due to my lack of time, know how, passion, and over all talent for cooking, we sort of rotate meals as best we can with her. Of all of the things my mother did that I vowed to do differently, having a lot of dinner variety was one of them but it seems that will be the one hurdle I don’t clear. I will try to do better when it comes time to pack lunches down the road. As for Emma, her favorite foods right now are anything with marinara sauce and gummy bunnies. We made the mistake of putting the gummy bunny box up but not out of sight one day and she threw an epic sand people tantrum until we figured out what she wanted. We now make sure to keep the box out of sight completely. She also has a strange obsession with straws.
 
 
 
Entertainment: Her favorite show by far is Mickey Mouse Club house (followed closely by Sesame Street). She got a Mickey Mouse chair from her Nana and will point to it and look at me, which is my cue to start singing the theme song…or else! This request happens no less than twice a day.
 
 

Shoes: She finally grew out of her first pair of shoes (don’t get me wrong I am thrilled they lasted as long as they did.) So we got her a new pair of sneakers that , well for some reason, look like big girl shoes and I’m having a hard time coping with that, but she loves them. They are very light weight which makes it easier for her to run away from me faster.
 
Her Mothering Nature: So already Emma knows the word baby, in fact, she got a baby doll from her great grandmother (yes I cringed a little bit but I could not deny a gift from great grandma.) And not only does she call it baby but she also mothers it. She will get a blanket and wrap the baby up in it and hold her sippy cup up for the baby to drink out of and basically she hugs and kisses the baby  
(which I am guessing she learns from watching the other babies at daycare being cared for.) Yes it is very sweet and it melts my heart, but it also makes me want to run to the store and get her a dump truck and a race car track. Yes I am a girly-girl phobic if you hadn’t figured it out (possibly more on that later.)
 
 
Anyways, hope you enjoyed a quick peak at what Emma’s been up to these days. What milestones/ new things is your toddler getting into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!