Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Awesomeness of Me

 Recently I read a blog post where a fellow mom was doing what we all do…dreading the day our kids become “too cool” for family fun activities, such as going to the pumpkin patch. I can’t even imagine that day ever manifesting but just like she mentioned, I am so awesome that my kid(s) will always want to hang out with me and engage in corny family fun activities no matter what! Just to prove it to you and conveniently list it out for them so they can show their friends the awesomeness of their mom someday, I present to you the reasons why I am awesome and my kid(s) will never want to stop hanging out with me:

-          Life of the party – Have no fear, when it comes to party planning I’ve got it down! Just check out this wicked good time we had at your first birthday… yeah that’s a plastic, colorful circus tablecloth…which I STILL HAVE! I’m sure it will be a BIG hit at your sweet 16! I can’t wait to put the goodie bags together!


 

-          Always down for a good outfit – As you can see I have a remarkable fashion sense. I will be sure to draw attention to you and your friends in any crowd. And what teenager doesn’t want that?


 

-          Have a superb taste in music – I am so totally going to be down with the latest Justin Bieber/ Backstreet Boys/ super group/ music genre. I may be in my thirties, but I can Gangnam style with the best of them. The Harlem Shake you say, no problem. Mom’s got this. Plus I kinda know Elvis, so yeah.



-          I will always be there for you – If someone challenges you to a power hour or to a wrestling match in a kiddie pool full of green jello, no problem, mommy's got your back.

Have some, it's tasty


-          Have street cred- See picture evidence below, I am rolling hard core with the homies. 'Nuf said. 


 

-          At sporting events....I TOTALLY pull off the poncho look...



-          If all else fails I’ve got the money – I SERIOUSLY doubt this will ever happen, but if for some reason all of my other awesome qualities should fail me in my quest to hang out with my kids for as long as possible, then there is always the fact that I hold the purse strings. So wait, you wanted that bedazzled jean jacket? Well I guess since I have the money I will just tag along with you and your friends to the mall! What was that you say? We should share a milkshake!!?!?! We are sooo on the same wave length! Twinsies!

To sum it up, which really there is no need to, you will be clamoring to time spent with me. You will rejoice at every outing I have planned! You will wear the matching Christmas sweaters I have knitted and you will be begging me to take you to all of your social events. And guess what....I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!