Friday, May 9, 2014

One More Month



I was suppose to have posted this about a week ago but you get the idea. one month, less a week. 

It's about to happen again, something so incredible, something that looking back I was not even sure how I would make it to, Emma's second birthday. In (now) less than a month, my baby is moving farther away from actually being a baby and it's mind blowing to me. I really thought this year would be different than last in that I would not feel the necessity to throw some grand celebration for Emma's birthday but, here I am in full Pintrest decoration mode. I suppose the love of all things birthday is just something I have been graced with and it seems like my kids will have to endure my excessively obsessive need to overly decorate and party down (read: have an anxiety attack during the 20 minute window the venue is giving us to set up for the party) once every year.

There is also something else coming up, a big milestone that will probably have a more lasting impact on Emma than a mere two hour birthday soiree, she is getting ready to move into the two year old room at daycare (we call it school when we talk about it.) I am really nervous and more than a little concerned because Emma has two of the most wonderful, patient "teachers" right now. Once you have kids and are around kids, you realize it takes a very special person to actually be with kids for 8-10 hours a day and maintain patience and sanity. Emma is lucky enough to have two of those people in here life. I am not as familiar with the two year old teachers, but I am hoping for just as wonderful of a support system.

The other thing that worries me is it seems like Emma has made some little friends in the toddler room. Her classmates are sweet, happy-go-lucky kids but as of June 2nd, Emma will enter the two year old room with all the new kids. I cringe and shudder just thinking about it. I've seen the two year olds staring out the glass door from their classroom looking like toddler zombies ready to attack! They just seem like the "big kids" so confident and sure of themselves. Emma is tall for her age but these kids look like gigantic, looming, toddler Sasquatches ready to stampede you with their opinions. The kids just talk and talk. Emma's current classroom crew is pretty laid back, quiet, and not so judgmental. So I feel like once she steps foot in the two year old room all hell will break loose. I don't want my sweet little toddler to turn into a raging terrible two zombie Sasquatch. I want her to always request for me to sing the ABCs and enjoy watching bugs crawl on the ground; all of life's simple things.

I'm not sure if Emma will emotionally have trouble dealing with the classroom change but I will be there for her through it all. I remember disliking going on to the next grade but secretly loving the newness of it all. I hope the latter will be Emma's experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!