Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Our Weekend in Pictures and Some New Developments


It’s Tuesday and for this working mom and her family it is back to the daily grind after a 4 day weekend. It was great having 4 days off in a row since I haven’t had a vacation since early 2012. I can’t say however that we did not have a few bumps along the way but all in all it was great to recharge the batteries and actually get to spend 2 consecutive days with my husband (he works Saturdays).

I had Friday off and we went to the Amish Market in our area. I could barely contain myself seeing all of the fresh baked goods and candies not to mention the fresh produce and meat. We meet up with some friends and spent several hours enjoying the bounty of the Amish, returning home with several goodies. Emma LOVED the cinnamon apple bread!



On Saturday we hung out with Emma’s Nana and did a little shopping while daddy was at work.  This began the worst breakdown of napping/ sleeping Emma has had since she was 6 months old. She refused to nap and getting her to sleep was a nightmare. This picture was the result of passing out from exhaustion. She just fell asleep while she was playing in her pack and play while I fixed lunch.



In other news, Emma has formed a love hate relationship with chicken. One minute she gobbles it up and the next has a look of utter disgust when she eats it. She will still eat just about anything but fruits are her favorite. In this picture she is returning the offensive chicken to her father. 




Another first this weekend, Emma has started to point at everything not just point but she will point at something and then look at you expecting a Britannica sized explanation of the object. She kept pointing at a fire extinguisher while we were out at a restaurant and I told her what it was called, what it was used for, and of course the color and she kept pointing still like I needed to provide more information before I would be let off the hook. Looks like I will have to read up on a lot of things so I can provide endless streams of insight on inadamite objects.


On Sunday, we got some fresh air with a walk to the park. Emma is not opposed to getting a ride in the stroller but she LOVES walking on her own so daddy happily obliged until we realized walking a few blocks to the park would take hours going at her speed.



It was all smiles at the park and Emma worked on getting over her fear of grass.





Finally, Monday came and with it, Emma’s first parade! She was excited to wave her flags and danced when she saw the marching bands go by. Her excitement didn't last to long though. Apparently the classic cars didn’t do it for her, but daddy enjoyed them! 






Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend! What did your family do this weekend? Feel free to leave any blog links in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. We have the same stroller! I know, not the point. She is a cutey and reminds me of my 1 year old. She is trying to soak up all the information she possibly can, and I don't feel like I have very thorough answers, lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that stroller! She will be one on Saturday! She is definitely trying to soak it all in! Have a great week!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!